- Business Directory
- Shop The Ottawa Valley
Welcome to www.theottawavalley.com (TOV.com)! TOV.com, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies maintain this site (the “Site”) for your personal entertainment, information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, personal use only provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post, or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without TOV.com’s written permission. Your access to and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Site.
Terms and Conditions
1. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted, and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions without the written permission of TOV.com. TOV.com neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with TOV.com.
2. While TOV.com uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Site, TOV.com makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. TOV.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
3. Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither TOV.com nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. TOV.com also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
4. While we are always happy to hear from you, it is TOV.com’s policy not to accept or consider creative materials, ideas, or suggestions other than those we specifically request. All ideas, suggestions other voluntary information submitted to our Sites become the property of TOV.com. This is to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we have developed independently. Therefore we must request that you do not send to us any original creative materials such as screenplays, stories, original artwork, etc. Any communication or material you do transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by TOV.com or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, TOV.com is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products or services using such information.
5. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, TOV.com. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
6. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of TOV.com and its subsidiaries. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of TOV.com or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that TOV.com will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
7. TOV.com has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
8. Although TOV.com may from time to time monitor postings, transmissions and the like on the Site, TOV.com is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. TOV.com will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing TOV.com to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
9. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold TOV.com and its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers and licensors (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by any Indemnified Party in connection with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions. TOV.com reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with TOV.com’s defense of such claim.
10. Any payment subscription entered into with The Ottawa Valley.com in regards, but not limited to, Gold, Silver or Bronze Business Directory listings, payment owed for services rendered, web and graphic design MUST be cancelled prior to the next billing period should you choose to cancel. The Ottawa Valley.com may, but is not responsible for, issuing reminders for upcoming subscription renewal dates. This responsibility lies with the subscription holder. Refunds will NOT be issued for partial term lengths. To cancel your subscription:
Call: (888) 646-2179
11. The Ottawa Valley.com owns and retains all rights to artwork, design, layout and ideas in regards, but not limited to, Business directory listings, Homepage design and layout, graphic and web design, exchange of services for barter, banner ad and logo design unless specifically stated otherwise.
12. The Sites are controlled and operated from its offices in Pembroke, ON, Canada. TOV.com makes no representation that materials in the Sites are appropriate or available for use in other locations and other countries. Those who choose to access the Sites from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
This agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario, as it is applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within such State. Any action you, any third party or TOV.com bring to enforce this agreement or, in connection with, any matters related to this site shall be brought only in either the province or Federal Courts located in Ontario, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between the parties relating to the matters contained herein and shall not be modified except in writing, signed by TOV.com.
13. TOV.com may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
Copyright 2005 – present www.theottawavalley.com.
All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.